Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life of a 2 1/2 year old

Hello everyone!! As usual, I look on here and see that is has been a really long time since I last updated! I apologize again!!
We are really busy and Gwyneth is just doing so much all the time. She is so much fun and constantly amazes us (while she cracks us up!!)
She is getting ready to start her last year of Mother's Day Out...next year is preschool! We are very excited about this year and think that she is going to have so much fun. We found out that Tuesdays are going to be "THE DAY" at school this year, all of her friends are there with her on that day, please keep Mrs Jenny in your thoughts on Tuesdays!

Gwyn has a big girl bed now. We got her a full size bed! She is fully potty trained during the day and we are working on the night time, pretty close there too!
Gwyn's babysitter went back to college so she has been spending time with Granny and Grandma which equals BIG TIME SPOILING! She is loving it!!

Gwyn got some new pads to protect her when riding her bike.... she loves to wear them.
Gwyn has entered the 2 year old "WHY stage" she is very inquisitive. I try very hard not to say "because Mommy said so" but sometimes that really is the answer!
She is really enjoying her music right now. She loves to sing and dance! Especially after bath time each night.
After visiting family on the 4th of July she has been totally in love with her Aunt Brooke and Baby Matine Howell. (You cannot just say Matine, she corrects you, it's Baby Matine Howell!") She can't wait to go visit them on vacation, so Brooke and Peter- this is your official announcement, our next vacation will be in Montana, whenever we get to finally take one, we will be there!!!
She is learning to make decisions around the house, she has planned our dinner menu each night this week so far! I ask her what meat she wants and she tells me, then we go through vegetables and whatever else, she makes the decisions!!! This is good for me and Jason because we can never decide!
 She loves to work around the house. I have learned that the way to get her toys picked up is to tell her that she can help me with laundry or sweeping or cooking (basically any chore other than picking up toys) if she will pick up her toys. She always picks up very quickly so she can help me! I am hoping that she doesn't outgrow this!
Her favorite thing to do on Saturday's is to visit the bookstore. She likes going there more than she likes getting toys. She loves to sit with her baby dolls and stuffed animals and read to them! It is so cute to watch!
I dont have any new pictures to post because I cant find my memory card from my camera! I will find it and post some pictures soon!!

2 comments:

Brooke and Peter said...

finally! thanks for updating and thanks for loving Matine so much! we cannot wait for you to visit! any time cousin! we love you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE to costume....Gabba Gabba that is! So cute. I pirated a copy.